Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Bones Are Alive.

As you may know, I'm currently at NYU taking classes over the summer through a Pre-college program.
I'm taking Sociology and Forensic Anthropology. And although I enjoy Sociology...Forensic Anthropology, is my passion. In case you don't know Forensic Anthropology is basically the study of human skeletal remains. Forensic means law. And Anthropology is the study of humans. You may be familiar with the show Bones... which is going to be ME in a couple years. Anyways, I thought it would be awesome to do a post on the influence of bones, skeletons, and skulls in fashion. Especially since I currently have a bones tank top coming in the mail that I'm more than thrilled about, and that I will feature in this post.
                                                          Christian Lacroix, Spring 2009
Somarta, Spring 2009 Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, A/W 08
                                                                       Hisui, Spring 2009
This skeletal fashion revival is something that makes bone people like me, absolutely bursting with JOY.
Black Tank Top: $70 http://www.wildfoxcouture.com
My Forensic Anthro. Textbook and ME.
Pink Skull top: $77 http://www.wildfoxcouture.com/

xoxo AL

No comments:

Post a Comment